The LCS 305 with 5 axes is specifically designed for the automatic production of larger and multi-tooth diamond cutting tools. The CNC machine with five synchronous axes is characterized by a particularly intelligent machine concept and highly dynamic axes for maximum precision and speed.
The LCS disposes of consistent temperature control with water-cooled linear and torque motors (+/- 0.1°C) and a mineral casting machine bed for more stability and reduced vibrations.
A fully automatic offset calibration system integrates laser-nozzle alignment, automatic jet angle correction, laser power meter and touch probe.
Tools can be exchanged with a very high accuracy thanks to the HSK 63 tool holder.
Hard materials: Polycrystalline CBN (PcBN), polycrystalline diamond (PCD), single crystalline diamond (SCD), chemical-vapor-deposition (CVD) diamond, natural diamond (ND), tungsten carbide (WC)
Metals: Superalloys, stainless steel, aluminium, copper, titanium, nickel etc.
Ceramics: Ceramic-matrix composites (CMCs), silicon carbide (SiC), silicon nitride (SiN), zirconia (ZrO2), HTCC/LTCC (high temperature and low temperature co-fired ceramic), aluminum nitride (AlN), aluminum oxide (Al2O3)
3D cutting, shaping, drilling, slotting, grooving, trenching, milling, slicing, edge grinding (K-land edges, single or multiple clearance angles) engraving, profiling
- Sharp and Smooth
- Smooth cutting surfaces and sharp edges (Ra as low as 0.2 μm)
- Cylindrical beam resulting in parallel kerfs (no V-shape)
- Virtually no heat impact thanks to water jet cooling capability
- Fast and Accurate
- Finnish cutting of 1.6 mm PCD and cemented carbide in 3 mm/min.
- High mechanical precision with a tolerance of +/- 5 μm
- Very small kerf width (down to 30 μm)
- Clean and Easy
- Clean surfaces and no depositions
- No post treatment required
- No focus control necessary due to long working distance
|Maximum stroke||mm (X, Y, Z)||500 x 380 x 380|
|Accuracy*||µm (X,Y,Z)||+/- 5|
|Repeatablility*||µm (X,Y,Z)||+/- 2|
|Number of axes||5-axis|
|Laser Type||Diode pumped solid state Nd:
|Dimensions machine||mm (W x D x H)||1800 x 1950 x 2610|
|Dimensions cabinet||mm (W x D x H)||700 x 2300 x 1600|
* only if temperature controlled room